1.16.2010

Re-do

Hey all! Have you ever done a layout that when you finished it, you just hated it? I'm sure you have. Well, that happened to me with my most recent layout. I was trying to complete the current challenge prompt for The Pink Ninjas and when I finished my layout, I looked at it and said, "ick!" Here is what it looked like:
And since one of my goals for this year was to create 100 layouts that I am satisfied with, I couldn't leave my layout as it was. So, I went back and made a few edits. Even though I love those awesome Sassafras flowers, they weren't working well with what I had already done. The tag was all wrong and the ribbon I used looked terrible. So, I changed my flowers around, I used a new tag, with some twine instead of ribbon, stuck on some buttons and even added a few tears to the background paper to make it flow better. Here is what I came up with:
I am much more pleased with this final product, although it's still not perfect. Anyways, this second layout is the one I am submitting to The Pink Ninjas' current challenge. The challenge was to use a black and white photograph, scrap about a New Year's resolution and use pink alphas on the layout.


Until next time, happy kraftin'!

14 comments:

Nay and Gilly said...

Very nice! Thanks for doing the challenge, Gilly

ChiLLi said...

Terrific! .. thanks for playing along with us!

Pearl said...

Hi Kat !

Thanks for the blog visit !

Love your take on this challenge ! Gorgeous girlie you are too !!!

When in doubt , I usually find splattering some paint or mist / or misting in some color/s will usually up the oomph factor for me on any layout that I'm not completely happy with ! ;)

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!

Thx 4 playing w/ us @ the pink ninjas!!

squoodger said...

Heeelllo Kat!
Great LO! I had to laugh when I read ur blog about the LO for the challenge - I quite often come back to LO's the next day and "re-do" or add xtras!!
Anywhoo great job and thanks for joining in the prompt!!
Luv Ninja Renee

PaperCameraScissor said...

Great take on the challenge! I redo a lot of my layouts but sometimes I think I should just leave it.

Christina said...

wooop thanks for playing along with us ninjas!! What a cool idea to re-do stuff you don't like, i have a few i should probably do that with! lol
xo

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I am a big fan of the twine over the ribbon! Love how you redid the LO with the buttons.

allyson joy said...

This is awesome - and such a great classic resolution,,, I love what you did with the tag & library date stamp - love those XXs!! Thanks for rocking out with the pink ninjas,,, I can't wait to share this on the pink ninja art walk!!!
{xoxo} ninja master ally :-)

Sweet Escape said...

awesome! I love that you showed the before and after!!! it's cool seeing all the differences!!~ thanks for playing with us!!!

Unknown said...

i liked the changes you made....great job with sticking with it instead of starting over....awesome! i liked seeing the before as well! i'm glad you had a chance to play with the pink ninjas!

Jessy Christopher said...

Kat, love your layout!! The changes are perfect!!

Audra said...

wow... you really took that lo to the next level to make it amazing!! Awesome work!!

heidi said...

Yes! The changes were just what were needed. This is awesome!!! So glad you played along with us!!! - Ninja Heidi