7.04.2011

A VERY old layout to share...

...in the spirit of the day, I figured I'd share a layout that I made when I first started scrapping. The sentiment remains the same: my hero :o)
Eric has been in the Marine Corps a little over 5 years and has already deployed 3 times...which is nothing compared to some of the guys he's worked with, but it still seems like a lot of times to little 'ol me! As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm pretty patriotic and it's because of the men and women like Eric that I am that way. I appreciate the sacrifice so much. Their sacrifice makes me appreciate the beautiful country that I am blessed to live in. He hates it when I talk about how amazing he is, but I just want him to know that he is appreciated. :o)

Hope your day was wonderful!

Layout: Cardstock: DCWV; Patterned Paper: October Afternoon, K & Company; Flowers: Prima; Alphabet: Doodlebug Design; Brads: Making Memories, Target, Queen and Company; Bingo Card: Jenni Bowlin Studios; Stick Pins: Fancy Pants; Ribbon: Target; Pen: Soufle

1 comment:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

I love how patriotic the layout is! It's a well deserved tribute. I met Nate after he left the Air Force, but even so, I still get all gushy and proud about it on these types of holidays. I can't imagine how it must be for you. Thank you to Eric and all of our service personnel for the sacrifices made to protect our freedoms.