1.18.2015

The Studio || Clean Off Your Desk Challenge

**If you're looking for The Sparkler DT blog hop, click here.**

Good morning, everyone!  There is a new challenge up at The Studio today -- and I LOVE it.  It's a little different than regular, but it really pushed me out of my comfort zone - in  a good way.  The challenge today: take whatever's been sitting on your desk for awhile and FINALLY use it in a project.

For me, it was my September Cocoa Daisy kit.  It was the last kit I got before cancelling my subscription and joining Clique Kits.  I loved Cocoa Daisy's kits, but in order to keep myself from accumulating waaaaay too much stuff, I have to be a one kit girl.  Their September kit was gorgeous - and totally not my style.  But I didn't want to get rid of it because I thought everything in it was so pretty.  So, when we were given this challenge, I  knew this kit was going to get used.  I was inspired by this beautiful layout by Tanya Privalova as my starting point.  Here is my final result:
I'm actually really happy with how it turned out, even if it is a bit outside my comfort zone.  I'm trying really hard to incorporate more patterned paper into my layouts this year, and I really like this technique for doing it.  You'll probably be seeing it again in the future :)

I hope you can play along with us at The Studio this month!  We always love to see what everyone creates!

Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper: Cocoa Daisy; Alpha: Heidi Swapp; Wood Veneer Alphas, Sequins, Gold Star: Studio Calico; Frames, Tag: Crate Paper; Badge: Evalicious

2 comments:

Kim A. said...

Fun layout and love the design you used!

Stephanie Hart said...

Beautiful layout!! Love the colors and design :-)

Thanks for the blog visit! xo