9.27.2015

A Few Shares

Good morning, everyone!  I am falling behind on updating my blog a bit, so I'm going to share two recent layouts today.  

The first is a layout I created for Pretty Little Studio.  I wanted to focus on mixing collections for this layout, so I mixed a lot of the You & Me, Treasure Island and Let's Go collections.



Look at that cutie - his name is Knox.  He's my new nephew, born on September 2nd.  He's pretty adorable.

The second layout was made for today's challenge at The Studio.  We were asked to scraplift another design team member.  I chose to lift this layout by Jinny:

I love her fun design.  Here is my take:

I like Jinny's better.  The original is almost always best :)  I think I should have stuck with my signature white background for this one, but I wanted to branch out a bit.  I did use a lot of fun SpiegelMom Scraps products in this layout, which is fitting, since the cuties in the picture belong to Jody :)  The pink felt hearts, wood veneer stars and the Silver Sunrise sequin mix all came from her shop.

Thanks for popping in today!

Layout 1: Cardstock: Recollections; Staples: Tim Holtz; Everything Else: Pretty Little Studio

Layout 2: Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye, Cocoa Daisy, Chickaniddy Crafts, American Crafts; Journaling Card: Becky Higgins; Twine: My Mind's Eye; Glitter Stickers: Freckled Fawn; Words, Transparent Hearts: Heidi Swapp; Wood Veneers: Studio Calico; Sequins, Felt Hearts: SpiegelMom Scraps

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are both gorgeous! You ROCKED the lift of Jinny's lo!!!

Jody Spiegelhoff said...

Super adorable!!! I love your layouts Kat!!

Jinny Newlin said...

These are fabulous, Kat! Really love the palette of the first and the mix of patterns in both! Perfect lift of my page! What an honor! TFS!

Jinny Newlin said...

These are fabulous, Kat! Really love the palette of the first and the mix of patterns in both! Perfect lift of my page! What an honor! TFS!